MS Quotes and Jokes
I have been asked to write about MS quotes that I enjoy. The truth is, I am not a quote person. A joke person? That's me.
Personally, I find generic quotes to be empty, shallow and cliché.
It is hard for me to say things like, “I might have MS, but MS doesn’t have me.” Seriously, that has got to be the most annoying thing a person could say.
What I am not holding onto MS. MS is most certainly holding onto me. I just choose to manage my MS well and then ignore it as much as possible. If MS did not have me, then I definitely would not have MS.
Sayings like this bring me down and isolate me. I realize that I am not the spokesman for every person with MS, but have decided to skip the cliché quotes and give you some jokes and my inspirational messages instead.
I hope that my own inspirational MS quotes and jokes make you smile or brightens your day – even if it's just a little.
12 MS Jokes That Make You Smile
- MS is BS. (Okay, not quite a joke, but I am just getting warmed up.)
- I am not drunk; I just have MS. Okay, maybe I am a little drunk.
- My mind says, “Get up,” but my body says, “Bite me!”
- I have never failed the prick test.
- I am going to drink till I see four of you.
- What do we want? A cure for MS Brain Fog! When do we want it? ...Want what?
- Oh, really? You know someone who has MS? Me too!
- I was going to run a marathon today. Then I realized that every day is a marathon for me, so I took a nap instead.
- These pot brownies help me with my... Sorry, what were we talking about?
- Some people fake sick days. I fake well days.
- Don’t blame it on the MS. Blame it on your shoes. It’s a great excuse to buy new ones!
- I tried to go square dancing... But my foot drop took this hoedown!
Alright, alright, all fun aside. Joking from time to time is nice. But when it comes to boosting your confidence and self-love, I have just the thing.
12 MS Quotes To Help Heal Your Soul
We all know that MS is not fun. It is hard living with MS. I know sometimes I just need to hear words of support from time to time.
The things that I love to hear the most, beyond any quotes, beyond any jokes would be a few straightforward phrases of love and confidence.
- I will always be here for you.
- You are not alone, and you never will be.
- Every day you show the world how strong you are, even when you don’t see it in yourself.
- You will be alright.
- Things won’t always feel this bad.
- I will hold you while you sleep so that you can feel safe.
- You matter in this world.
- You matter to me.
- MS will never make you less of a person.
- You are worth it!
- We are in this together.
- I love you.
The above phrases help me get through my bad days because they feed my soul and give me strength. I carry them with me, and I let the words circulate through my brain.
These are the words that I love most:
- I am loved.
- I am worth it.
- I matter in this world.
- I am not alone.
- I will be alright.
- These words can make the days, weeks, months and years go so much more smoothly.
I sincerely hope these MS quotes and jokes brought a smile to your face or even made you laugh because sometimes laughter is the best medicine. What I love about these personal quotes and jokes is that you can tell them to yourself or others around you.