Massage for MS

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited September 2014 in Treatments
imageMultiple Sclerosis Massage

Patients with multiple sclerosis can benefit from massage as it helps boost the immune system, increases circulation, and reduces muscle pain.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I totally agree
  • How about for chronic headaches ? I am 44 yr old. I was diagnosed with MS almost 7 years ago and the headaches are daily starting in my neck turning into migraines. Nothing OTC helps, only Maxalt a prescription drug. I don't want to have to take that every day. I still work full time can't really stop, so it's not like I can cut out my stress. I've gotten massages before but had to pay at salons, can it be covered under insurance as medically necessary ? Any ideas ?
    Deana
  • I need the deep tissue to get the knots out of my back. Those knots hinder my back movement as much as MS.
  • I get a deep muscle massage every 3 weeks, I think it really helps!
  • doesn't it get expensive? I'm ready to try ANYTHING...the pain is horrible
    @Sabrina
  • also...I truly believe that my MS is worse when I'm hot...I like to be in cold temperatures...anyone else?
  • Find a therapist who does cold rocks. This is my fave.
  • BrandyBrandy Member
    I am a massage therapist and I agree that massage is very helpful for MS patients. During my year in training, where I was subject to daily massages, I had no issues with any flare ups and I felt wonderful! Just a side note to the author of this article, please do not refer to massage establishments as "parlors". That word is used to describe the more shady massage businesses.
  • After my Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis 2 years ago, i stopped all the Multiple sclerosis medicines prescribed due to severe side effects, and decided to go on natural herbal approach. My primary care provider introduced me to Rich Herbs Foundation and i immediately started on their Multiple Sclerosis herbal formula treatment, this herbal treatment has made a tremendous difference for me. My symptoms including shaking, muscle weakness, fatigue, mood swings, numbness, double vision and urinary retention all disappeared after the 4 months treatment! Their website is w w w. richherbsfoundation. c o m. Its just amazing!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR