The Bizarre Link Between Vitamin D and MS

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited January 2016 in News

Multiple Sclerosis article: The Bizarre Link Between Vitamin D and MSThe Bizarre Link Between Vitamin D and MS

Research has shown a connection between vitamin D and MS – the further you live from the equator, the more likely you are to have the condition.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I take 5,000 IU a day, which keeps my levels right where my neuro likes them to be. I live in the Pacific Northwest which is not known for abundant sunshine! I can see where there could be a link.
  • KLTKLT Member
    My neuro advised me that MS patients can't synthesize vitamin D from the sun, which may be why we have low levels, I don't know. I just know that with the amount of California sun that I get, my levels are too low and I take a daily supplement of 8,000 IU's.
  • I started with 10,000 units per day and now maintain my level of Vitamin D on 5000 per day. Since I started taking D3 I have not developed any new leisions. I'm also on Copaxone 40mg 3x per week, daily B-12, Fish Oil and Estradiol. MS is unique to each person affected as no single treatment works for everyone. I feel lucky to have found what works for me. Diagnosed in 2007 after 13 years of missed diagnosis.
  • How did your dr.'s determine that you have MS?

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR